The Scottish Government has prepared Regional Locational Guidance (RLG) to facilitate the development of offshore wind energy Scottish Waters. The Guidance gives consideration to detailed environmental, technical and socio-economic and planning issues in relation to the offshore renewable energy regions of Scotland. The RLG will be used:
* To provide detailed information in relation to the Areas of Search identified in the 2011 Scoping Report for Offshore Wind Farm Developments in Scottish Waters;
* To identify suitable options for inclusion in the sectoral marine planning process;
* To inform key stakeholders and other interested parties of the key regional issues in relation to developing offshore wind energy in Scottish Waters; and
* To inform the process for determining marine license applications to develop offshore renewable energy in Scottish Waters.
An updated version of the GIS data was added to this dataset February 2018. The older GIS resources have been removed, but are available on request.
Data and Resources
- Shapefile version of offshore wind regional locational guidancezip
The draft Regional Locational Guidance documents contain information...
|Modified Date|| |
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
Scottish Waters (0-200NM)
UK Open Government Licence (OGL)
|Data Dictionary|| |
The information published within this guidance will be used to inform the refinement of the Scoping Areas of Search, in order to identify options to be taken forward within the sectoral marine planning process. These ‘Plan options’ will be contained within an Initial Plan Framework (IPF). This document will outline the potential options and alternatives, and the process for developing the plan involving sustainability appraisal. The Plan Options will be subject to strategic environmental assessment (SEA), habitats regulations appraisal (HRA), socio-economic assessment and consultation analysis. The outputs of this work should inform a future leasing round for offshore energy in Scottish Waters and ensure developments are brought forward in the most sustainable locations.
|Contact Name|| |
|Public Access Level|| |